Comparing Flooring Types
The more you know…
There are so many flooring choices…Carpeting, Ceramic Tile, Hardwood, Laminate, Vinyl, area rugs, the list goes on and on. Our carpet and flooring Showrooms turn too many decisions into endless options. We'll help you choose the discount flooring that best fits your lifestyle and installation requirements.
Carpeting offers a broad price range and selection to meet most decorating styles and budgets. Our carpet suppliers and distributers provide fibers varying in make (nylon, olefin, polyester or wool) and corresponding degrees of wear and stain resistance, resilience and cleanability. We also offer many carpet style options, including saxony, plush, texture, cut-loop, level loop, multi-level loop and frieze.
||low unless treated
||Standard by which other carpet fibers are judged; low resistance to static unless treated; expensive
||most are treated to enhance stain resistance
||Most popular carpet fiber; good static control; suitable for almost any application
excellent inherent stain resistance
||Second most popular fiber; best suited to loop pile constructions or high, very dense, cut piles
built-in-stain resistance to certain types of acid dyes
Better suited to low traffic areas such as bedrooms and living roo
High-performance laminate has the ability to simulate wood or tile floors, and is extremely durable and easy to clean with either a damp cloth or vacuum. Laminate flooring can also be praised for what it doesn't do: scuff, wear-through, burn, get scratched by pets, indent from normal family wear and lose color. This is a solid choice for moisture and family-prone areas as well as design appeal.
Ceramic tiles, stone floors, and glass flooring
This group of flooring combines nature and elegance with easy maintenance and indestructibility. The wide array of style choices, from glazed or unglazed ceramic tiles to various textures and colors of stone floors these flooring options provide a distinctive look perfect for moisture-prone and heavy-traffic areas such as kitchens, bathrooms, foyers and laundry rooms.
Vinyl is enjoying a fashion resurgence due to their easy manintenance and durability in widespread applications throughout the home.
- Sheet Vinyl: Available in 6 foot and 12 foot widths and in any length
- Vinyl Tile Squares: Rich, luxurious and perfect for the finest interiors
- Colors and Styles: From warm and subtle to bold and bright and available in an extensive variety of color combos, patterns, designs and textures
- Performance: Great for busy areas and years of carefree beauty, vinyl is available in good, better and best categories to meet every budget
Create a rich, elegant look with natural hardwood. Whether solid or engineered, hardwood brings a warm, inviting look to any room in the home.
- Solid Wood: This popular hardwood choice consists of one-piece boards typically nailed to a subfloor. Solid wood comes unfinished, allowing for a variety of finishes and colors to suit any taste.
- Engineered Wood: Consists of two or more layers of wood laminated together; the top layer a veneer and the lower layer a softwood backing. Most engineered wood floors are prefinished and glued rather than nailed down. Or, they can be installed as floating floors with the panel edges glued together rather than attached directly to the subfloor. It can also be glued directly to concrete making it more suitable for below-grade applications.
Either option is available in three formats: wood strip, wider width planks or parquet squares.
Area rugs bring instant, long-lasting warmth to hard surface floors. The almost infinite range of sizes, colors, patterns, textures, area rugs also help to cut down on noise level and bring an entire room together. From Persian to Oriental and traditional to contemporary, rugs protect hard floors and enhance your decor.
Visit our floor cushionpage to choose your floor cushion type: Rubber, Urethane or Fiber.