Vinyl Flooring Care
Premium, cushioned vinyl flooring provides years of carefree use. Beautiful and durable, vinyl flooring is much easier to maintain than most other flooring products because of its tough protective finish and moisture resistance. A few simple care and maintenance steps will keep your floor looking new for years to come.
To keep your vinyl floor clean:
- Sweep with a soft bristle broom to remove loose dirt.
- Wash with non-abrasive floor cleaner.
- Use a mop moistened with warm water for regular, daily care
- Furniture legs should have large surface, non-staining floor protectors.
- Replace small, narrow metal or dome-shaped glides with smooth, flat glides that are in flat contact with the floor.
- Heavy furniture or appliances should be equipped with flat, non-staining composition furniture casters or cups of appropriate size.
Some Don'ts to keep in mind:
- Don't use soap based detergents.
- Don't use abrasive or mop and shine products.
- Don't wax the floor.
- Don't use ammonia or bleaches.
- Don't use a vacuum with a rotating beater bar.
Treating stains, spills and scuffsFollow the remedies in order. Unless otherwise instructed, use a clean, white cloth or towel with products recommended for vinyl flooring. Always rinse the affected area with clean water after treatment.
Stains and Spills
Acids, alkalis, Blood, Catsup, Mustard, Cleaners, Strong Soaps, Dye, Dye Markings, Food, Candy, Fruit and Fruit Juices, Grass, Iodine, Mercurochrome, Rust, Urine, Excrement
- Scrub area with full strength cleaner
- Rub area with a 10-to-1 dilution of water to liquid bleach.
- Rub area with isopropyl alcohol.
- If rust stain does not respond, use lemon juice or a cream of tarter solution.